Monday 31 October 2011

Op Done

So I had it done on Wednesday, today is Monday 31st of October and I'm feeling sore and itchy and dizzy.
It wasn't a pleasant experience, but I was asleep for the op so didn't know any different. The recovery so far hasn't been to bad.
Considering I was sent home with Paracetamol and Stemetil for the dizziness, paracetamol didn't even touch the pain. So I phoned my ENT on call GP and he said I can take Ibuprofen, then after 2 days that stopped having an effect too, so I was prescribed some Diclofenac. This has been a bit more helpful and combined with the paracetamol and stemetil, it does seem to have a bit more of an effect.

They performed a Revision Mastoidectomy and removal of what my Consultant informed me was a "colossal" Cholestetoma. It really did need to be done.

The main thing annoying me at the moment is the fact that Ive gone and caught some sort of Chesty Cough, which I think has now turned into a Chest Infection. So the constant coughing and bringing up Phlegm is really jarring my head, and causing pain to shoot through my ear after coughing.
Currently waiting for my GP to ring me back in the hope she will prescribe me some antibiotics to get rid of it. Not nice.

I cant wash my hair for at least 4 weeks until I have the packing removed from inside my ear, and I'm not allowed to get behind my ear wet for at least 2 weeks, the joys of ear surgery! :)

Have got plenty of photographs on my phone of before and after the op, so can compare the difference!
Just have to figure out how to get them off my phone onto laptop without a usb lead....as I have no idea where it is....

No comments:

Post a Comment